Thanks to God–and You

30 Nov

Have you ever felt hopeless? Had that feeling that all is truly lost? In fiction, we call it the “black moment.”

I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a few black moments in my life. The worst came a little over a year ago and had to do with my eldest son, who’d made some life-altering and potentially deadly choices. All I could do was watch and pray.

But there was one other thing I did. I told a lot of my friends and family about our struggles. Not because they were fun to share—trust me, they weren’t. I told them because the Lord encourages us to be honest with each other and to and pray for one another. When we pray, He moves. (James 5:14-16, I Timothy 2:1) And our family desperately needed God to move.

My friends here at Quid Pro Quills prayed. Other friends prayed. Extended family prayed. Even some strangers prayed. And guess what? Through all those prayers, the Lord reached and saved our son.

Now, he’s home and safe. He’s a new person in Christ. He believes in the power of prayer as much as the rest of us, because he’s experienced the results of it. He’s so convinced of the Truth and so in love with his Savior, he’s headed to Youth with a Mission this January, where he’ll spend three months in Discipleship Training School before heading somewhere in the world (we don’t know where yet) on a mission to tell the lost about the freedom he’s found in Jesus Christ.

Our black moment was turned into victory, and it’s all because of the folks who prayed and this amazing, beautiful, powerful God we serve.

Tweet this: The prayers of good friends turned our darkest moment into victory.

For those of you who prayed, thank you for interceding for my family. For all of you, if ever you need prayer for yourself or someone you love, please ask me. I would be honored to lift you up the way we have been lifted, to be a part of your miracle the way so many of you have been a part of ours.

If you’d like more information or if you’d considering partnering with Nick on his mission trip through prayers or financial support, click here.

If you’d like more information about this amazing organization, Youth With a Mission, check out this video.

DSC_8915-25edRobin Patchen is an award winning multi-published author, but only because she can’t pursue her other dream.

If time and money were no object, Robin would spend her life traveling. Her goal is to visit every place in the entire world–twice. She longs to meet everybody and see everything and spread the good news of Christ. Alas, time is short and money is scarce, and her husband and three teenagers don’t want to traipse all around the world with her, so Robin does the next best thing: she writes. In the tales she creates, she can illustrate the unending grace of God through the power and magic of story.

Connect with Robin at her website.

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Thanks to God–and You

1. twinwillowsfarm

November 30, 2016 at 8:19 am

I’m very humbled that you allowed me to be part of this amazing circle of friends who brought your family before our awesome Lord. He is always faithful!

Liked by 2 people

• Robin Patchen

November 30, 2016 at 8:20 am

And I’m so grateful for the prayers and support you offered throughout. I don’t know if I’d have made it without my good friends.

Liked by 2 people

2. Normandie Fischer (@WritingOnBoard)

November 30, 2016 at 9:03 am

Amen, Robin. Amen. We in the body of Christ have the unique privilege of being able to stand as Aaron and Hur did for Moses when they held up his arms in praise, enabling the armies of the Lord to win the battle in the valley. Thank you for entrusting us, your friends, with your prayer requests. And thank you for lifting ours before the Throne.

Liked by 2 people

• Robin Patchen

November 30, 2016 at 9:39 am

It is a privilege, Normandie. I’ll love that illustration–Aaron and Hur holding up Moses’s arms.

3. erintayloryoung

November 30, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Our God is an AWESOME God. “Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf on those who wait for Him.” Isaiah 64:4

4. Jennifer Courtney

November 30, 2016 at 6:13 pm

It was an honor and privilege to pray with you.

5. Sharon Srock

November 30, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Beauty for ashes is one of God’s best things!!! We all prayed for Nick, now he’s taking the message to others and we all get to be a part. I love how our Heavenly Father never lets anything go to waste!

6. Janet W. Ferguson

December 1, 2016 at 8:50 am

Thank you for sharing this message of hope and praise!

• Robin Patchen

December 1, 2016 at 9:15 am

My pleasure! We have to stand together for our kids. The world is against them, but God is much bigger!