Self Control Update

03 Aug

scafell-pike-1527804_640

It’s been three weeks since I began my journey to reset my hormones, using Dr. Sara Gottfried’s book, The Hormone Reset Diet. It’s been a wonderful experience and one I don’t regret. I lost 8 pounds and at least 6 inches on the reset. I’m on day two where I’m starting to add various types of food back into my diet and I’m continuing to lose weight.

The big thing I’ve noticed is that my energy level has increased while my pain levels have decreased. Bonus. Over all, I’m feeling pretty great. I’m walking anywhere from 2 1/2 – 3 miles a day.

Do I still have cravings for junk food? You bet. Those haven’t magically disappeared, but I am committed to eating more healthy and taking better care of my body. I think my desires for the junk is really a mask for desiring more of God. Sometimes we confuse that desire God has built in us and try and fill it with other things…like food, when really all we need is more alone time with our Heavenly Father.

May this verse be the cry of our hearts:

One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

Social Media 2015

Jodie Wolfe loves to stroll through history with the characters she creates. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband, reading and walking.

Posted by on August 3, 2016 in Writing

10 responses to “Self Control Update

August 3, 2016 at 7:16 am

Congrats, Jodie! Glad you’re feeling better. Kudos to you for working toward better health. 😀

Liked by 2 people

• Jodie

August 3, 2016 at 7:53 am

Thanks, Candice. It’s been long in coming, but I’m thankful to be on the right track.

August 3, 2016 at 8:17 am

So glad you’ve gotten such great results, Jodie, and also, what wisdom! Why do we try to fill ourselves with things that can’t satisfy? “My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken Me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.” Jeremiah 2:13

August 3, 2016 at 8:20 am

You go, girl! Happy to hear about your progress and healthy outlook.

Liked by 2 people

August 3, 2016 at 9:23 am

So glad it’s going well. And I think you’re right–we crave all sorts of things, but what we really need is to fill our empty spaces with more of God. Well said.

Liked by 2 people

• Jodie

August 3, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Thanks, Robin. There are so many things we can put in the place of God. The enemy is subtle at distracting us sometimes.

5. kararhunt

August 4, 2016 at 11:15 am

Great reminder, Jodie. And congratulations on the self-control and weight loss!

• Jodie