A Wedding!

15 Jul

wedding_ring_vector_2_154870My son is getting married this weekend!

Oh, the preparations. We’ve been planning since November, and the big day is finally upon us. I don’t think I can adequately relay my excitement to you.

As excited as I am to see my son marry his intended, one thought keeps running through my mind – I hope I don’t fall on the dance floor. Because this mama certainly plans to rejoice at the reception!

But there’s another wedding for which I’m longing, a wedding that will outshine them all.

Weddings are a beautiful representation of God’s love for His bride, the church. All those who have trusted in the finished work of Christ and turned from their sins are the beloved of God. One day there will be an eternal union between God and His people when He calls them to Himself. No ceremony on earth will ever compare to that Day.

United with Christ forever, sharing in the inheritance of the saints, worshipping the Creator of the universe – in His presence, mind you – forever redeemed from sin, and being reunited with faithful loved ones who’ve preceded us… Now that’s a wedding.

Oh, and I’ll be wearing white. Not sort of white, but dazzling white, as bright as the sun. That’s because I’ll be clothed in the righteousness of Christ. Praise God!

What a Day that will be. Will you be in attendance?

Posted by on July 15, 2016 in devotion, Jericha Kingston, love, wedding

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to “A Wedding!

1. kararhunt

July 15, 2016 at 6:30 am

Hallelujah! Yes!! Can’t wait to attend THAT Wedding with you, Jericha!!!

July 15, 2016 at 6:49 am

Glory! Looking forward to worshipping with you in the Eternal City, Kara!

July 15, 2016 at 7:29 am

So excited for you this weekend – even though it will be royally outdone when Jesus returns – so enjoy your celebration and keep your feet under you!

Liked by 2 people

• jerichakingston

July 16, 2016 at 8:29 am

Thank you, Pegg! I plan to!

July 15, 2016 at 8:31 am

It’s amazing to consider that great wedding we’ll all be a part of one day! Meanwhile, enjoy this weekend, enjoy your guests, and dance your heart out!

Liked by 2 people

• Candice Sue Patterson

July 15, 2016 at 11:55 am

When the roll is called up yonder I’ll be there! Heaven may be the only place all six of us are ever at at the same time. 😍 Enjoy that wedding, Jericha. And congrats to the sweet bride and groom!

Liked by 2 people

• jerichakingston

July 16, 2016 at 8:34 am

Thanks, Candice! Though I’m still praying The Lord will allow us to meet here on this terrestrial sod 🙂

• jerichakingston

July 16, 2016 at 8:31 am

I have my dancing shoes, Robin! Well… My dancing sandals 🙂

5. Jodie

July 18, 2016 at 8:56 am

How did the wedding go, Jericha?