Take a Stand

22 Jun

“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:11 (NIV)

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place.” Ephesians 6:13-14 (NIV)

This past Sunday, our youth pastor spoke on taking a stand. Actually that topic has been on my mind for a couple months.

It seems lately that we are inundated by the views of Hollywood and the slant of secular newscasts. It’s becoming more and more evident that we live in an era of an immoral society. I keep asking myself as a Christian, “At what point do we make a stand for our beliefs?” Do we continue to stick our heads in the sand like an ostrich, or do we speak up and say, “This is wrong.”warrior-942933_640

I feel we are getting closer and closer to the day where we need to make a stand about right vs.wrong. While many may contradict or scorn us, as Christians, we have God’s Word. We need to make sure that when we do speak out, it’s in line with God and His truths.

How is God asking you to make a stand? What will it take for you to step out in faith and follow His promptings?

Jodie Wolfe loves to stroll through history with the characters she creates. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband, reading and walking.Social Media 2015

Posted by on June 22, 2016 in Writing

6 responses to “Take a Stand

1. Linda W. Yezak

June 22, 2016 at 7:19 am

I’m working through Kay Arthur’s study guide of Ephesians, and she cross-referenced Gal. 1:10: “For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.” NKJ.

As much as I hate the “us versus them” mentality, we’re there. And we have to make a stand.

Liked by 2 people

• Jodie

June 22, 2016 at 10:42 am

I totally agree, Linda. Thanks for your comment today.

Liked by 2 people

June 22, 2016 at 7:30 am

Sometimes I think if God doesn’t come back soon, He’ll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. We’re gettin’ close!

• Jodie

June 22, 2016 at 10:44 am

I remember the many times when the Israelites turned away from God for a while and He still forgave them when they turned back. He is our hope and forgiveness.

June 22, 2016 at 9:33 am

Great post, Jodie. I think you’re right–there are times we have to take a stand. I think we could walk around all day, every day, taking a stand on every street corner if we wanted to, because the culture has slipped so far. So it’s a matter of knowing, like you say, where God is leading us to take a stand and where to keep walking. Great post.

4. Jodie

June 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

That’s the key, isn’t it? Knowing where God is leading us to make a stand and then being faithful to go where He directs us.