Getting to Know You

30 Mar
Getting to Know You

Hi! I’m Jodie Wolfe, the new kid on the block. Well, at least the newest member of the Quids. 🙂 I thought I would let you know a little bit about myself. My mother-in-law instilled in me a love of old things, which is probably partly why I love researching and writing Christian historical romances. And no, I didn’t love history as a child. In fact, besides math, it was one of my least favorite subjects in school. But I digress.

I’m happily married to the love of my life and best friend in this world besides Jesus. My beloved and I will celebrate our 29th anniversary come December. We raised and home schooled two sons from their birth until high school graduation. We’ve been empty nesters for a few years, and we find we are enjoying this ‘season’ of our lives. Both our sons are married and we have two granddaughters, with another expected in August.

What’s  interesting about me? Hmm. I’m the youngest in my family, with two older brothers three and four years older than myself. I’ve spent the majority of my life living in PA. My oldest son was born in Germany.

Ever since I’ve been a young girl, I’ve had a desire to be a published author. In fact I started writing my first novel at 13. I have written quite a number of novels since then but have yet to obtain a contract at this point. I have written a column for Home School Enrichment magazine for the past eight years and have had some devotions published with  Christian Devotions.

On May 2nd I have a novella debuting entitled Hearts Tightly Knit. I’m pretty excited about it and have been working hard to get things lined up.

Most days you’ll find me writing or researching, walking, maybe knitting, and definitely spending time with my husband. I look forward to getting to know you. How can I be praying for you today?Jodie 2015 - cropped - reduced

Posted by on March 30, 2016 in Jodie Wolfe, Uncategorized

15 responses to “Getting to Know You

March 30, 2016 at 9:07 am

We’re so happy you’ve joined us, Jodie. I home schooled my kids before putting them in school when they were in 6th, 4th, and 2nd grade. Home schooling was so fun at first, but by the time the Lord called me out of it (yanked is more like it), it had become so difficult. I really admire people who continue home schooling through high school.

Welcome to the family!

• Quid Pro Quills

March 30, 2016 at 9:44 am

Thanks, Robin. I’m enjoying being a part of the group. 🙂

Homeschooling had its ups and downs, but I’m so glad I stuck with it and God gave me the strength to do so.

I also am enjoying this new stage of life where I have much more time to write.

March 30, 2016 at 10:08 am

We homeschooled until high school. Jeff wanted to take the vo-tech classes like welding, small engine repair, and shop. Things we couldn’t do at home. And now he’s a teacher, so I guess it all worked out!

We’re happy to have you here. I know you’ll help prod us to be better writers – and bloggers!

3. Quid Pro Quills

March 30, 2016 at 10:48 am

I never knew you homeschooled too, Pegg. 🙂

Praying I will be a help and encouragement to the fellow Quids, but also to their readers as well.

4. Ann Ellison

March 30, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Glad to see you here. I am definitely looking forward to your next book.

5. kerouser

March 30, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Son nice to read your post and learn more about you, Jodie! Looking forward to your novella coming out!

6. kararhunt

March 30, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Welcome aboard, Jodie!!!

March 30, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Awesome to have you with us, Jodie!

• Jodie

March 30, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Thanks, for the warm welcome. 🙂

8. Marge Wiebe

March 31, 2016 at 10:10 pm

It’s a pleasure to meet you, Jodie! The Quids are wonderful, aren’t they!? *waving to all* Congrats on your novella coming out. 🙂