A Walk in the Woods

12 Oct

Chippewa Hills 10-11-15

Fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it. I love the colors, the foggy mornings, the smell of damp leaves on the ground, the majestic Vs of geese honking overhead, the sweet crunch of an apple right off the tree, wood smoke lingering on the evening breeze, and that first crisp morning with frosty grass. One of the best things about fall is the lack of bugs. Walking through the woods without swatting insects … priceless.

What’s your favorite thing about fall?

~ Pegg Thomas

Trooper and Pegg cropped

PeggThomas.com

Posted by on October 12, 2015 in Pegg Thomas

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “A Walk in the Woods

October 12, 2015 at 8:17 am

I love the changing leaves, though they’re not the same as they were back in New Hampshire. But for me, fall means football season and football parties, family gathered around in my living room to watch games but, more than that, to visit and catch up. It means apple cider and apple pie and (my latest obsession) apple pie bars. Food and family and football–that’s fall!

October 12, 2015 at 8:51 am

I think you need to share the recipe for your apple pie bars. Right. Now. Or for your next post. 🙂

October 12, 2015 at 8:34 am

Fall…my second-favorite season! 🙂 Fall means Thanksgiving to me, my favorite holiday. Pecan pie, stews, soups, and casseroles. Hayrides and corn mazes. The last remants of cotton in the fields. And until you’ve seen the leaves change along the Blue Ridge Parkway, you’ve missed out! Fire on the Mountain is real.

October 12, 2015 at 8:52 am

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too! I have Thanksgiving decorations that I love to put out. In fact … today’s a good day to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

October 12, 2015 at 7:15 pm

I love the leaves changing, the crisp weather, a fire to cozy up to at night, campfires, comfort food, fall desserts like Apple crisp, the smell of rain and leaves, hot baths with a good book, sweaters and jeans and scarfs… Yeah, fall is my favorite too!

October 12, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Now I know why we get along so well! Love all these things too.