To My Fellow Christians…

06 Jul
Image courtesy of Aleska D/freedigitalphotos.net

Image courtesy of Aleska D/freedigitalphotos.net

The headlines are full of discouraging news right now. ISIS is beheading Christians–and on a deadline–our government is creating laws that go against God’s principles, parts of American history are being eliminated from many areas because a few people decided to pervert it. It feels to me as if persecution is crushing in on all sides. But are any of these issues new to the world?

Recently, I read in Acts where Saul’s agenda was to murder Christians and silence Christianity forever. The Roman government refused to accept Jesus and his teachings and made one wicked decision after another (which, of course, led to its fall, but that’s a whole other blog post for another day). Hitler was determined to eliminate his country’s heritage by eliminating historical artifacts and human beings that “offended” him. Sadly, in America, those who simply disagree with the majority are now being accused of being modern-day Hilters, which again, is a different blog post for another day.

As I sat on the couch with my coffee last week, discouraged and appalled over the state of things going on in my country–in the world–I was reminded of this truth: God’s word will never cease on this earth as long as there are individuals willing to share the gospel. Satan tried his hardest to delete Christianity over 2000 years ago too, but a few good men and women refused to give up the fight, despite persecution. But one day at a time, one soul at a time, the message of salvation spread worldwide.

So today I encourage you–don’t quit. Continue the ministry God has given you. Don’t allow the weariness of the sin around you to slow you down. Keep running the race. Keep fighting for right.

Remember, you’re on the winning side.

~Candice Sue Patterson

I know I’ve already taken a few moments of your busy day, but, please, take a couple more and listen to the lyrics in this song. I believe it will be a blessing and encouragement to you. My dad sang this song in church when I was a kid, and it still resonates with me today.

Posted by on July 6, 2015 in Uncategorized

6 responses to “To My Fellow Christians…

July 6, 2015 at 8:09 am

Thanks for the encouragement to keep pressing on!

July 6, 2015 at 9:57 am

I needed this encouragement today. I weep at the choices we’re making in this country, and Independence Day just highlighted how far we’ve fallen. We used to be a nation dedicated to God. We’ve somehow turned into a nation dedicated to self, and that shift will destroy us. But in the end, I worship God, not America. And God has already won.

Great song, too. Thanks for this.

July 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. While we Christians are feeling the backhand of persecution in America now – in reality – we aren’t suffering for our faith. Yet. Now when they build the lion pens … what out!

July 6, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Glad this post was an encouragement to you ladies! It’s hard not to get discourages sometimes.

5. Ann Ellison

July 6, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Encouraging word we all need. We are on the winning side no matter what happens.

6. Kara (@KaraHunt2015)

July 7, 2015 at 10:24 am

Thanks for sharing these encouraging words, Candice!