Got Milk?

01 Apr

Glass of Milk pic

Several years ago, my hubby and I were on our way home from a shopping trip. It was late, and we still had some distance to travel, so we stopped at a convenience store for snacks. I told hubby I’d love to try one of those specialty chocolate-flavored drinks.

He returned a few minutes later and said they didn’t have any chocolate so he’d bought vanilla instead. No problem, I said. We were both tired and at this point I wasn’t going to be picky.

I’d never had vanilla milk before and I was surprised at how good it was. Hubby said it was rather sweet and that the vanilla flavor was too strong, but I figured we were getting our money’s worth.

When we arrived home, hubby carried in the shopping bags while I cleaned up the snack wrappers and drink containers. It was then that I took a closer look at what we’d purchased, and made a startling discovery.

It wasn’t milk we’d had earlier. No, the two of us had emptied an entire carton of vanilla-flavored liquid coffee creamer.

We’d fooled ourselves, big time.

Have you ever been fooled in some way, or played a trick on someone else? Especially when the first of April rolls around? I’d love to hear about it!

Laughter is good medicine, especially when parties at either end of a joke can enjoy it together. Sometimes, like in our case, there’s no culprit at all. Here’s to hoping we start off the new month with a little fun—and a lot of laughter.

~Marge Wiebe

Posted by on April 1, 2015 in devotion, Humor, Marge Wiebe

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Got Milk?

April 1, 2015 at 7:16 am

Oh – that’s funny! It makes me gag to think about drinking it … but it’s funny!

April 1, 2015 at 8:35 am

“surprised at how good it was.” A sweet tooth, eh, Marge?! Too funny! Sadly, I fall right into people’s jokes.

April 1, 2015 at 10:01 am

Hilarious, Marge! This is why my husband doesn’t do the shopping!

4. Joan Deneve

April 1, 2015 at 12:36 pm

I laughed out loud! I will always remember this post when I shop for coffee creamer. Have to admit, I’m not a big fan of being pranked so I try not to prank. Guess that makes me a “stick-in-the-mud”…but I do love to laugh. 😉

5. Marge Wiebe