A lot of things in the world annoy me. I could write a years’ worth of blog posts about the stuff that irritates and frustrates me. But today, I’m focusing on things that make me happy. Sometimes, it seems the wisest course of action to focus on the good things. So here we go, my top ten list of things that make me (disproportionately, inordinately, embarrassingly) happy.
10. Opening my kitchen cabinet to see it filled with clean cups. (Which means my kids’ rooms aren’t filled with dirty ones.)
9. Waking up to zero dishes in the sink. (So my family ate the dinner I fixed them and didn’t wait until I went to bed to cook a frozen pizza.)
8. A brand new novel by a favorite author. (It’s like visiting a new world!)
7. A brand new writing craft book. (There’s something wrong with me, I know.)
6. The cabinets filled with food. (Because if we have food, then I don’t have to go shopping. And I hate shopping.)
5. Going out to lunch. Or dinner. Or coffee. (Sure, I’ve never met you, but I’d love to have lunch with you. Just say when.)
4. A blizzard. (Apologizes to my New Hampshire family, who have seen enough snow to last a lifetime, but I still love a good blizzard. It helps that I live in Oklahoma, and we get one or two a year—if that.)
3. Any baked good. (Any. Baked. Good. Ever.)
2. The Patriots winning the Super Bowl. (This needs no explanation. We’re still flying high at my house.)
1. Watching my children worship God. (This one outshines the rest by about a thousand watts.)
What about you? What are some random things that make you happy? I’d love to compare lists.